Upgrade.Chat is NOT associated with ANY Discord Server. We are not "Partnered" or Associated with any Discord Servers other than the Upgrade.Chat Support Server. Servers who are listed as "Sponsors" on Upgrade.Chat embeds are paying members of our service. We are not affiliated in any way with these Discord servers or any Discord servers in any way, shape or form.
When you interact with us through the Services, we may collect information from you, as further described below:
Information You Provide: We collect information from you when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you register for access to the Services or use certain Services. Information we collect may include but not be limited to username, email address (in relation to payment accounts only), userID, serverID, prices for producs, product names, transaction information that we pass to the PayPal or Stripe or any information relating to transactions being securely sent to the payment processors.
WE DO NOT STORE PCI RELATED DATA - THIS DATA IS STORED DIRECTLY ON YOUR CONNECTED ACCOUNT WITH PAYPAL OR STRIPE (DEPENDING ON WHICH YOU USE)
- Data We Collect Automatically: When you interact with us through the Services, we receive and store certain information such as username, connected payment account IDs, device ID, unique userIDs and your activities within the Services. We may store such information or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by affiliates, agents or service providers. (Such as PayPal or Stripe) The Services may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of transactions processed, which users referred others to our service as well as the sites which refer visitors to Upgrade.Chat
- Aggregated Information: In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Services, we may conduct research on our customer demographics, interests and behavior based on the information collected. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and we may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- Advertisements: You may see our Service advertised in other applications or websites. After clicking on one of these advertisements and installing our Service, you will become a user of the Service. Advertising platforms, which include Twitter and Facebook (and whose SDKs are integrated within our Service), may collect information for optimizing advertising campaigns outside of the Service. We may use third party web site analytic tools such as Google Analytics on our website that employ cookies to collect certain information concerning your use of our Services. However, you can disable cookies by changing your browser settings. Further information about the procedure to follow in order to disable cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider's website via your help screen.
The Company is based in the United States. No matter where you are located, you consent to the processing and transferring of your information in and to the U.S. and other countries. The laws of the U.S. and other countries governing data collection and use may not be as comprehensive or protective as the laws of the country where you live.
The laws in some jurisdictions require companies to tell you about the legal ground they rely on to use or disclose your personal data. To the extent those laws apply, our legal grounds are as follows:
- To honor our contractual commitments to you: Much of our processing of personal data is to meet our contractual obligations to our users, or to take steps at users’ request in anticipation of entering into a contract with them. For example, we handle personal data on this basis to link your accounts to the appropriate gateways or processors.
- Legitimate interests: In many cases, we handle personal data on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals: This includes:
- Providing a safe and enjoyable user experience;
- Customer service;
- Marketing, e.g. sending emails or other communications to let you know about new features;
- Analyzing and improving our business, e.g. collecting information about how you use our Services to optimize the design and placement of certain features;
- Processing job applications;
- Managing legal issues.
- Legal compliance: We need to use and disclose personal data in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
- To protect the vital interests of the individual or others: For example, we may collect or share personal data to help resolve an urgent medical situation.
- Consent: Where required by law, and in some other cases, we handle personal data on the basis of your implied or express consent.
The Company is not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your information with certain third parties, as set forth below:
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution or similar event, your information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Consent: We may transfer your information with your consent.
- Developers: Developers using our SDK or API will have access to their own end users’ information, including userIDs, metadata, and payment links. Developers must use such information only to provide the SDK/API functionality within their applications and/or services.
- Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: Like many businesses, we sometimes hire other companies or individuals to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of the Company or Related Companies, (iii) protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
- Aggregated or Non-identifiable Data: We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others for business purposes.
You may provide us with ideas for new products or modifications to existing products, and other unsolicited submissions (collectively, “Unsolicited Information”). All Unsolicited Information shall be deemed to be non-confidential and we shall be free to reproduce, use, develop, freelance, disclose, take ownership and distribute such Unsolicited Information to others without limitation, attribution or liability.
Our Services are for users age 18 and over and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18 and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us please contact us https://upgrade.chat/support. Note: In some countries, the age of digital consent is older than 18. If you are in those countries, you must be at least that age to use the Services. For example, for residents of the EEA, where processing of personal information is based on consent, Upgrade.Chat will not knowingly engage in that processing for users under the age of consent established by applicable data protection law. If we learn that we are engaged in that processing with such users, we will halt such processing and will take reasonable measures to promptly remove applicable information from our records.
We generally retain personal data for so long as it may be relevant to the purposes identified herein. To dispose of personal data, we may anonymize it, delete it or take other appropriate steps. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time. Data we transmit to other services and processors such as, but not limited to; PayPal and Stripe, may be stored for an indeterminate amount of time. Please refer to their terms of service and privcay policy as they are Third Party Sites.
We take reasonable steps to protect the information provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any information via the Internet. Please refer to our Terms of Service in terms of our liability for the service, data and handling of the data.
We believe that users should be treated equally no matter where they are, and so we are making the following options to control your data available to all users, regardless of their location.
Individuals in California, the European Economic Area, Canada, Costa Rica and some other jurisdictions outside the United States have certain legal rights to obtain confirmation of whether we hold personal data about them, to access personal data we hold about them (including, in some cases, in portable form), and to obtain its correction, update, amendment or deletion in appropriate circumstances. They may also object to our uses or disclosures of personal data, to request a restriction on its processing, or withdraw any consent, though such actions typically will not have retroactive effect. They also will not affect our ability to continue processing data in lawful ways. We strongly suggest that users from these states, countries and regions do not use our service to prevent the collection of this data entirely.
- How can I access the personal data you have about me?
If you would like to submit a data deletion request, please contact a staff member in our support channel: https://upgrade.chat/support and a staff member will assist in deleting your account and data. Note: Data deleted from our service is the only data that will be removed. Any data we transfer to Payment Processors or Third Party Sites on your behalf will need to have data deletion requests sent to the respective company you chose to do business with.
- How do I object or restrict the manner in which Upgrade.Chat processes my personal data?
You have a right to ask us to stop using or limit our use of your personal data in certain circumstances—for example, if we have no lawful basis to keep using your data. For us to stop using your data, we must delete your account and record from our service. In order to do this, you will lose access to all services we offer.